Monday, February 21, 2011

How 'Bout Lunch?

OH MY GOSH! EVERYONE!!!! I made dinner yesterday! And... it was delicious! :) It gave me hope that one day I might be able to almost be as wonderful as a cook as my mother! It was such an easy dinner, too! We got one of those already-seasoned pork roasts and just put it in the oven, and then I made this layered-potato dish where you slice potatoes REALLY thin so you can see through them, and then spread them out in a glass pan, put salt and pepper, bacon bits, onions and cheese, and repeat, ending with a layer of potatoes with salt and pepper and cheese. Then you put it in the oven for...half an hour... forty-five minutes..ish... ? Anywho, they were SO yummy!!! And I was quite pleased with my potato slicing skills..;)

Also, this weekend was the very first EVER stake conference for the Smithfield, Utah YSA stake!!! It was awesome, and I am so blessed that I was able to be a part of it! For the Saturday night session, Latter-Day-Voices sang, and oh, everything was so good! Our stake president told us that 25% of what we get out of the meeting comes BEFORE the meeting, pertaining to our preparation, another 25% is gained during the meeting, and then there's 50% that comes from what we do AFTER the meeting, such as what we do with the things we have learned. I loved that! Especially because that means if I didn't get as much as I would have liked to out of the meeting, I can change that and act on what I have learned. I just really like that...:)

2 comments: