It is late.. but I just felt like blogging about my life a little bit.
So.... I love Sundays:) They are so relaxing! But mine usually seemed to be filled with lots of stuff that keeps me busy! For example, today I went to sing in a rest home with some of my friends, and that was so fun! And I also talked to my friend Rebekah for like an hour in my driveway... haha I LOVE it when that happens! It was such a good talk, and it was just so what I needed. I don't know why talking is just so great... but it is! I have grown so close to all of these girls as they have blessed my life, just by talking. Seriously... it's miraculous sometimes how good it feels to just talk!
Yeah:)
So my grandparents are on a mission and I just think about them all the time! I love getting Gramma's letters and hearing about the miracles that are taking place. Missionaries are amazing and I canNOT wait to be one someday!! Especially seeing as everyone seems to be leaving to go on one or doing their papers or preparing or something. Or they're getting married. Haha. Love is in the air.. ;) Except not for me. I just want to go to school! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! However, I just realized that I keep waiting for significant things to happen, instead of making significant things happen... What if every day I woke up and said, "I am so excited for right now in my life! How can I make today count?" I feel like I need to just love and enjoy everything I get to do now instead of waiting around for other significant events to happen in my life. Yeah.. that sounds good:) Anywho, right now I am SO excited to sleep! YAY!
Quote from "Your Happily Ever After" by President Uchtdorf: "My dear young sisters—you who stand for truth and righteousness, you who seek goodness, you who have entered the waters of baptism and walk in the ways of the Lord—our Father in Heaven has promised that you will “mount up with wings as eagles; [you] shall run, and not be weary; and [you] shall walk, and not faint.” 6 You “shall not be deceived.” 7 God will bless and prosper you. 8 “The gates of hell shall not prevail against you; … and the Lord God will disperse the powers of darkness from before you, and cause the heavens to shake for your good, and his name’s glory."
nice post brenna. talking is just so good because you're a woman and talking, especially to other women is therapeutic. sometimes all we need is a good talk and then we feel better.
ReplyDeleteso true about making things happen and being excited for the here and now. amen!
Yeah I think talking is so good because it validates us to hear that other people go through similar things that we go through. And it's nice to feel heard and understood.
ReplyDeleteThat is very astute! No reason to live in the future indeed! I need to remind myself to live in the present moment more. I always forget.