Monday, May 9, 2011

Tut Tut It Looks Like Rain!

"It's raining men, hallelujah it's raining men!" Hey, guess what! It's raining! :) I got to run in the rain today! It wasn't as enjoyable as my other runs in the rain, but it was still good. So far today I ran, babysat while planning my marathon training with my friend Haley, who is running it with me, and commented on people's blogs. I know, productive right? I am having a hard time looking forward to this week, full of working, and I am trying to think of things I can do to find fulfillment this summer. I think training for the marathon will be good, and speaking of which, I am running the Top of Utah Marathon, which happens to be mostly down hill the whole way:) Another thing I think will help me find fulfillment is to be a missionary! With the Lord's help, I know I can find a way to be a missionary and share the gospel, even in Utah. I have felt very strongly about this, especially after our Relief Society lesson on Missionary Work on Sunday. It was really good! I am excited to study Preach My Gospel! I love lessons that create such excitement inside of you about the gospel.
Speaking of this weekend, WOW. I had one of the most memorable and bittersweet weekends of my life, it being our last weekend together as Latter Day Voices for 2010-2011. On Friday night we had a talent show, which was so fun! We got to wear are cool blue shirts:) Then on Saturday was our all day tour to Idaho. What an incredible experience! We went to a rest home first... I LOVE OLD PEOPLE! They are so sweet and I love visiting with them. And when we sang to them, it was so cool to look into their faces and feel of their testimonies. Wow. After the rest home we went to the Paris, Idaho tabernacle, ate lunch outside(a delicious dutch oven lunch!), went inside to record "The Spirit of God" and then they closed it off so we could have our testimony meeting in there. It was such a beautiful experience and I will always treasure that place. When that was done, we loaded the buses again and went to Dayton to do our last spring show together. I have just loved the experience of being in Latter Day Voices this year. It has been a blessing, to say the least. It has changed my life! I will always love those 85 people who have become some of my closest friends, and I will miss them so much, but I will definitely never forget them, or Brother Salmond.
Yes.. that was my fantastic weekend.. Oh yes! And Mother's day! I love my mother. She is just an incredible woman. I couldn't ask for a better mother, because she is perfect for me and my family. Thank you, mothers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment