Monday, November 8, 2010

Hunny:)

Sweet. Hunny is sweet. And so was my weekend:)

It all started Friday after Latter-Day Voices. Joji Daines, Megan Roper and I headed out on our voyage after packing our overnight gear and necessities for sleeping over at one's friend's grandma's house in Provo. Of course, seeing as it was around 5ish when we left, our first thought was prompted by the growling of our tummies. "Feed us!" they begged. So, we giggled and laughed and ignored our tummies' complaints until we arrived in Brigham City where we satisfactorily filled ourselves with SUBWAY! Oh man... I have never loved Subway so much! I had a BLT.. and oh my heavens it was HEAVENLY! :) MmMmMm.... Consequently, the car was hungry as well, so we fed her.  Pleased with our situation, we hopped back in Joji's car and off we went to Provo. As we drove, we laughed and talked and I thoroughly enjoyed my two lovely friends' companies(they really are gorgeous!). As we took our supposed exit off the highway, however, we came to an understanding(after about 30 minutes trying to follow mapquest's directions) that we had no idea where we were or where to go. Thankfully, though, Kathryn Bingham knows Provo very well and was able to guide us to them safely and all was well! We arrived, parked, and met our friends! Carly Peterson and Shannon Woodward were visiting from SUU so it was WONDERFUL to see those beautiful girls:) I love them! We then all went to a glowing neon dance!! It was so fun! And I was definitely NOT dry at the end... :) As is the custom with me and dancing. We left early(which is NOT a custom with me and dancing...but I was pooped), and went to meet Kathryn's and Haley's roommates. Then we decided we were hungry at about 11:30pm, so we went and ate at this adorable buger/shake place called Sammy's! Oh man. Oh man oh man. They had sweet potato fries... and crushed up pie shakes.... need I say more? Haha delicious! I cannot believe how much I ate that day... and I even had room in the morning to eat breakfast!! But that will come later...

So after we collected all of Kathryn's sleeping belongings, we headed to Haley Holland's grandmother's abode to sleep! Of course we didn't sleep for a while...;) But when we arrived I was FREEZING due to the dried sweat that had caused my body heat to be considerably lower than if I did not have dried sweat on me... Consequently, Shannon also was feeling frozen, when I had the most BRILLIANT IDEA EVER: Blow drier. What better way to heat ourselves than to blow-dry our frozen bodies??!!! Seriously? Why didn't I ever think of that before? So, Shannon and I reveled in the beautifully noisy heat that melted the icicles on our ears and noses(... maybe not icicles persay... but pretty close!). It was awesome. I should carry a blow drier around with me when I'm cold.. a wireless one of course! ;) Needless to say, Shannon and I definitely bonded in the heat of that little dryer. Good times. Then! I was exhausted, and was about to hop into my couch, when none other than my beautiful Carly called me from her ginormous, warm bed and invited me to talk to her! So I grabbed my blanket and pillow and hopped in. We had a lovely talk..Which I am very grateful for. Carly is a most wonderful listener, especially when I need her:) However, I was informed in the morning that I had fallen asleep while Carly was talking to me...Sigh.. I tend to do that a lot to those I talk to late into the night... Thankfully she still loves me, despite my unconscious state during the latter part of our conversation. Anywho, the next morning I awoke to the smell of PANCAKES!! :) I stumbled up the stairs to behold a site that nearly brought tears to my eyes: A WHOLE JUG OF ORANGE JUICE!!!!! :D It was beautiful. And it was even more beautiful when it entered my mouth and flowed refreshingly and soothingly down my tired and parched throat...Oh man. Along with pancakes and orange juice, there were cantaloupes and yogurt and apricot and strawberry jam. And butter and syrup.. but who cares about those when you have fresh fruit and yogurt?!! Mmmm.. so yummy! THANK YOU HALEY'S GRANDMA! And thank you Haley for originating all of this:) I had such a wonderful time with all of my unique and hilarious and adorable friends! Thank you, friends!!!! :)

When we got home that night, my family and I went to see the Sky View Variety Show... which was awesome! :) Haha.. it made me laugh... I wish everyone could have gone to see it! Speaking of laughs...my friends have the most strangest laughs.. hahahahaha.. oh man...Just thinking about them makes me laugh! It's quite exciting when we're all laughing at the same time...

The last and most wonderful part of my weekend was participating in the 1153 member choir for a CES Broadcast by Elder Ballard last night at the Marriott Center in Provo. It was so incredible because the Lord was with us. He blessed us and I know He was working through us to touch the hearts of young single adults all over the world.


The end:)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brenna, thanks for making a simple weekend into a wonderful adventure! I'm so grateful that you guys came down, it was an amazing weekend! By the way, I came home from work today at the MTC soaked from washing dishes. So I took your advice and blow dried myself! It was really warm and effective C:

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm so glad we got to come! I had a blast! Hahaha aren't blow driers HEAVENLY?? :)

    ReplyDelete