Friday, September 24, 2010

Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known.

Wow. Talk about not being dedicated to my blog! I decided that I'm going to write at least one thing every week, because there's no good in having a blog if I don't use it!

So life is a little challenging right now for various reasons, and one of the big ones is that I am not able to go to school this fall. The temptation is always there to be depressed and hopeless, but there is one thing that saved me: institute! :) I looooooooove institute with all of my heart!! I am currently taking 6 classes, including this incredible choir I am in called Latter-Day Voices. We meet on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 2:30-3:20, and on Thursday from 6-8pm. This is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Brother Salmond, the teacher, is fabulous and I love him! And I love all 83 of us in the choir. Everyone is so beautiful and wonderful and we all love each other. I am so grateful I was able to make it into Latter-Day Voices because it has helped me IMMENSELY with everything.

In my quest to fill my life with worthwhile things, I have been learning a LOT. Most of which I can't recall right now, but something that I keep thinking about is that life is hard, yes... but it's meant to be enjoyed. Sometimes I forget the little things that are supposed to make me happy and I forget all of my blessings! Is that tragic or what? There is so much joy to be found in the people around me and in seemingly meager happenings such as: making the bus on time, finding that I can conquer BACH, riding my bike up a tough hill, creating an atmosphere of happiness, hugs!, enjoying good songs on the radio, feeling happy when you have know idea why, and the list continues! So, despite the fact that life is just full of poop sometimes, there can still be moments of joy and happiness, especially when I turn the attention to others and away from myself.

FUNNY RYAN MOMENT: So, Ryan, my 9-year-old brother, is a goof. He is always saying things that make me laugh and I am always in awe at his creativity! About a week ago, Ryan was getting his haircut when he asked the girl cutting his hair, "Can you leave my sideburns? Cuz I want to grow a beard when I'm older."

3 comments:

  1. How did you get to be such an amazing person so young? It's not fair :). I love your thoughts and it's all true. Life is meant to be enjoyed! I need to remind myself of that too.

    Ryan is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that ryan! he's hilar! i agree with your aunty biff. you're an amazing kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, aunties:) Haha yes, Ryan is adorable and so funny! He keeps life exciting.

    ReplyDelete